Tips for Gorgeous Outdoor Photos
Being outdoors in the summer sun is a great setting for some fun photos of you and your loved ones. In order to get the best results from your session, there are a few things to consider before you step in front of your photographer’s lens.
- Wear sunscreen. If you are going to be out in the sun for a long period of time, especially with children, sunscreen is a must. It can however also make your skin look quite shiny. If possible apply makeup that has built-in sunscreen otherwise apply some powered concealer to spots that look especially oily.
- Bring along some tissues & concealer powder. Unless it's a cool day, you're probably going to sweat. Bring along some tissues for dabbing off the sweat and your concealer powder for touch ups.
- There might be bugs. Photos in the woods can be romantic and beautiful but depending on the time of day and the area you’re in, it could mean swatting away flies and mosquitos. A little bug repellent can make your photo session a lot more pleasant
- Stay hydrated. Posing for pictures may not seem like hard work but in the hot sun, you don't have to move around much to be affected by the heat. Make sure you bring lots of water and other hydrating beverages, and drink up often.
- Apply makeup sparingly. You want that fresh, sun kissed look in your photos so don’t overdo your makeup application.
- What you wear matters. Choose clothing that is comfortable and fits your body shape. Feel free to incorporate accessories such as a hat but don’t let it overwhelm the photo.
- Choose your time of day. Since midday can be scorching, plan your shoot early in the morning or just before the sun sets to avoid looking hot and flustered in your photos.
There are so many great locations for outdoor photos in Mountain Home and the surrounding areas. Some of my favorite areas are around Norfork Lake, around the White River and the Buffalo National River. There is so much natural beauty in this area that it makes for some gorgeous outdoor photos.
I'm a photographer based in Mountain Home, Arkansas. If you're looking for some ideas for great outdoor photos I would be happy to work with you on your next family photos or capturing amazing photos at your outdoor wedding.
If you like this blog, you may also like:
- How to Find the Perfect Photo Shoot Location
- How to Pick the Perfect Professional Photographer
- Surviving a Family Photoshoot
GET A QUOTE FOR YOUR NEXT PHOTO SHOOT
- Interested in booking a photoshoot in Northwest Arkansas or Southwest Missouri? You can get an instant quote on my website.
I'm Michele McCoy, a photographer in beautiful Mountain Home, Arkansas. I am also a blessed wife, mother of two sweet boys, nature enthusiast, and creative.
My passion for photography has grown over many years, from receiving my first disposable camera as a kid, to now capturing all those special moments in life within my own family and for my clients.
I have over 10+ years experience taking photos. My family and friends all told me that I should become a photographer. From there, I launched my business and found a mentor, an award winning photographer for 20+ years, to help me become the best photographer I could be.
Michele McCoy Photography
2045 Shadow Oaks Dr.
Mountain Home, AR 72653